In 1448, Giorgio da Sebenico, the most renowned Dalmatian architect and sculptor of the mid-15th century, built a chapel dedicated to the joint patron saint of Split, St. Anastasius. The ciborium and the funerary monument were built symmetrically to those of the chapel of St. Doimus, situated to the right of the main altar, and echo their architectural characteristics. Nevertheless, the whole, though still in Gothic style, bears the hallmark of a new Renaissance interest for anatomy and movement: in fact, the Flagellation at the centre of the sarcophagus shows the influence of Donatello. Probably during the Austrian period, the chapel was dismantled and remounted; this is shown in the joints between the ashlars, which are particularly wide, and the statues of the Annunciation, which had been put back in the wrong position before the last intervention. The ciborium and the funerary monument are built entirely in local limestone. The funerary monument is totally polychrome. The monument was in a good state of general conservation, though the surface was covered in a dusty layer, sometimes up to three centimetres thick, and by a compact and adherent charcoal black patina. The sarcophagus was covered in hundreds of candle wax drops. The polychromy – where gold, red, blue and green prevail – had been repainted more or less all over and there were innumerable detachments and gaps. The restoration of the chapel-ciborium, unlike that of St. Doimus, did not uncover any traces of polychromy. However, it did bring to light the sculptural quality of the ornamentation and the figures sculpted by Giorgio da Sebenico.